7. International Conference on Webometrics, Informetrics and Scientometrics (WIS)
Twelfth COLLNET Meeting
20-23 September, 2011, Istanbul Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey
The broad focus of the COLLNET 2011 conference is on collaboration and communication in science and technology; science policy; quantitative aspects of science of science; and combination and integration of qualitative and quantitative approaches in study of scientific practices.
The conference thus aims to contribute to evidence-based and informed knowledge about scientific research and practices which in turn may further provide input to institutional, regional, national and international research and innovation policy making.
Theoretical, methodological and applied aspects of the conference can be listed as follows:
- Emerging issues in scientometrics / informetrics /webometrics and history of science
- Impact and role of open access and digital libraries on patterns of collaborations and sciences
- Science policy and collaboration
- Collaboration studies for science & society
- Collaboration, knowledge management & industrial partnership
- Collaborative bridge between academic research and industry
- Methods for collaboration studies
- Visualization techniques in collaboration studies
- Quantitative analysis of S&T innovations
- Informetrics laws and distributions, mathematical models of communication or collaboration
- Nature and growth of science and of collaboration in science and its relation with technological output
- Collaboration in science and in technology from both quantitative and qualitative points of view
- Evaluation indicators for scientific productivity and other science related practices
Please, note that these examples listed above give a broad outline of the scope of the workshop theme but do not limit it.
The conference language is English.
General Chair: Hildrun Kretschmer (Germany, China)
Organising Chair: Bülent Özel (Turkey)