The 12th International Congress of Ecology ( INTECOL 2017 Beijing) organized by INTECOL will be held in Beijing, August 20-25, 2017. As the host of the congress, the Ecological Society of China warmly welcome you to join this meeting together with leaders in ecology from the globe, as well as scientists, educators, practitioners and policy-makers, who are dedicated to protecting and preserving our planet.
The theme of the congress is Ecology and Civilization in a Changing World, which will focus on harmonious and sustainable development among people, nature, and society in the context of global development. During the congress, the issues on the following fields will be thoroughly discussed, i.e., ecosystem service valuation and sustainable development, culture conservation and human well-being, global change, environmental change in urbanization, ecosystem restoration and management, biodiversity conservation and ecosystem health, ecological civilization, molecular ecology and ecological genomics.
We do hope you can join us for discussing the issues faced by human and finding solutions to them, as well as making new friends from the other regions.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Beijing in August 2017!
Vice President of INTECOL, Professor of Research
Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, CAS, China
Past President of INTECOL, ESA past president,
Professor of University of Georgia, USA
● Nicky Allsopp (SAEON PI, Africa)
● Andras Baldi (President SCB Europe, Institute of Ecology and Botany of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary)
● Michael Bull (Associate Dean Research, Managing Editor Austral Ecology, President Royal Society of South Australia, Australia)
● John Grace (Professor Emeritus, School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh, UK)
● Alice Hughes (Principal investigator Landscape Ecology Group and Associate Professor of Centre for Integrative Conservation, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden , Chinese Academy of Sciences. INNGE Working Group member, UK)
● Eun-Shik Kim (Secretary General of INTECOL,Korea)
● Yonglong LU (Professor of Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
● Sandra S. Luque ( IRSTEA National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture, France)
● Azim Mallik (Treasurer of INTECOL, Professor of Lakehead University, Canada)
● Bernd Markert (Environmental Institute of Scientific Networks, Germany)
● Shona Myers ( President of INTECOL, New Zealand)
● Nobuko Saigusa (National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan)